Sunday, January 07, 2007

Nice Sunday After All

So, we thought we were in for a boring Sunday because it's been raining all day but it turned out okay. It was my turn for a lie-in (we take it in turns at the weekend), so I didn't get up till 10am then Craig made me an English breakfast. I rang my mum to wish her happy birthday then we got on the web-cam for a bit so we could see her and she could see Jack. I do miss her!

Later we hung out & played with Jack for a while then went shopping. First stop was Once Upon a Child (place where you can take second-hand clothes and get cash to buy more) in Worthington but it was closing! I love that shop - what will I do?? Looks like I'll have to just donate clothes to Goodwill. We did try the one at Sawmill though and I bought Jack a plastic phone that lights up and a hammer he can bash about.


We gave Jack a bath this afternoon. I put too much bubble-bath in but he loved it. He was splashing and trying to eat his rubber duck! I love this picture - he's got such a great smile.


Tonight we went to see Mike & Agnieszka and their little boy, Alex (he's 16 months old). She made spring rolls & some lovely veggie things that I can't remember the name of. It's amazing to see Alex so active now. They are teaching him both English & Polish, which is great.


Agnieszka let Jack play with Alex's toys. It was so funny - Alex brought Jack his coat as if to say "take your coat and go home buddy, the toys are mine".


All was quiet in the kitchen so we went to investigate. A burgler had broken in and emptied the cupboards! It couldn't possibly have been the little boy peeking over the chair....

No comments: