No doubt about it I'm still grieving, still unbearably sad, but I'm going to post some more up-beat stuff for myself, my family and for my future self reading, shaking her head about what a miserable git I've been!
So here's 10 Reasons to be cheerful right now:
1. Me, Craig and the boys are all okay. My mum, my family in England are too. After Eric went so suddenly I've been a little paranoid & scared about health issues.
2. Leanne passed her Level 3 hairdressing and is coming next summer. I miss her. She's a lovely girl and, well just nice all round. Her boyfriend Dean is too. I can't wait to do road trips with them.
3. Erika. Since I got back from England she's been my rock. The word "rock" sounds cheesy but actually that's what she's been.
4. My ex-pat friends, Maureen & Lynn, have been my day-to-day buddies. We've all been there for each other recently.
5. Dennis has booked his flights to spend Christmas with us. I will either laugh or drink myself to death. Maybe both. I LOVE this man.
6. My boys crack me up. Still young enough to love their Mum & be sweet, though Jack's on the verge of tween hood.
|Getting the "MVP" treatment at the salon|
8. I get to go back to England in November. I'm going to a conference for 5 days but I'll get to see my family too.
10. We are talking about Craig and the boys joining me when I go back to England for work in spring 2016