Thursday, January 05, 2017

My 100 Day Challenge: 5K and 30 lbs.

I saw a couple of great videos recently of a girl doing a 100 days challenge to lose weight and man determined to be flexible enough to touch his toes.

It got me thinking that I'd like to do something to keep me motivated in the next 100 days. I'm not in the mood for Weight Watchers or yoga or the gym. But I do want to do something for my health and well-being for 100 days.

100 days puts me at mid-April. There's a local 5K I'm going to do at that time and I'd also like to be 30 lbs lighter. That's my goal.

I'm not weighing or measuring myself right now as I think that might dishearten me.  I think I know what I weigh, so let's leave it at that.

Day 4: So far this week I have eaten somewhat healthily and not had alcohol. I'm also walking again. A colleague showed me how to walk through several buildings at work so I don't have to venture outside in the snow (and likely break my arm again). I'd like to hit 10,000 steps/day again.

So that's it. Let's see if I can keep motivated!

No comments: