Monday, February 18, 2008

Those Pesky Pakores..

Right now I'm allowed 26 points/day on my Weight Watcher (WW) program. I'm VERY good at counting my points and keeping to them. As an added way to lose weight I ignore the fact that I'm allowed 35 extra points a week and extra points if I'm active. Not that that has helped really but it makes me feel better.
The conundrum I have with drinking wine on a weekend and then reaping what I've sown on a Monday deserves a post all on it's own. I was hoping to somehow get round not having to give up the lovely grape juice but really don't see another way. Anyhoo, like I said, for another post.
My post today is about Indian food. I LOVE Indian food and had the opportunity to have some at lunch with a friend. It was a buffet lunch, dreaded by the WW faithful for the temptation of going back for more and more and more. Anyway, I thought I did really well as I only went twice and got really small portions. Here's what I ate:
  • Half naan bread
  • Small (about 3 tbsp) chicken curry
  • 2 small pieces of tandoori chicken
  • Half cup spicy potatoes and beans
  • Fresh lettuce & onion
  • 3 very small pakores
Guess how much this all comes to? Twenty two chuffin points!
Probably more but I'm hoping the lettuce and onion were free and I was a tad liberal when I calculated how much constituted half a naan bread (what's a couple of inches right?). Oh, and I couldn't find any WW reference to pakores and knowing my luck they are a whopping 10 points each.
I thought Indian food was good for you? Or did I just make that up because I've eaten if for years and I love it? That's one of those things you do isn't it, until you ask yourself why you thought that in the first place.
Bugger.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Isn't that amazing? When I was counting points, there were some things I literally could not believe how high they were when I figured them out. like my favorite chipotle burrito? 32 points. More than my daily allowance, even with activity points. yikes.