Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Handwashing Underpants

My work trip to the UK was a whirlwind, so sorry to those of you I didn't get to see. One day I clocked in for 16 hours, which was a feat considering I was jet-lagged and pregnant. When I wasn't working I did get to do some very important things, including .....
Attending my best friend's wedding. Sue & Lee got married at a little arts center in a gorgeous park last Friday. Here they are with their boy Noah. It was fab to see old friends but a real bugger not being able to drink. I made up for the loss by consuming large amount of wedding buffet.

What a gorgeous pair of girls! Sue and our friend Lauren. I haven't seen Lauren for 9 years and she hasn't changed a bit. Isn't it lovely when that happens with friends?

Then it was time to scoot back home to Ohio, to my family. Jack was ill and actually threw up at the airport just I walked through customs. I had dreamed of the moment I would come through the barrier and he would run into my arms shouting "mummy". In reality, he'd just barfed all over the airport carpet, so we made a quick exit.

What a difference a week makes!!! His vocabulary has doubled and (for all intents and purposes) he's potty trained! My little boy is now in underpants and only wears nappys for bed. Amazing, just amazing.



On Sunday hurricane Ike hit us, hard. This is a picture take in my neighbourhood. There's trees down everywhere and we have no electric. We didn't fare too bady but we did lose our garden gazebo. They are saying our power will be out for a week. A week!!! I haven't gone without electric for longer than a day before in my life. It's very humbling I can tell you. And very boring. Last night we sat in the dark silent living room and I said, "shall we go to bed"? It was 8.45pm.

Okay, I'm off home to hand-wash Jack's underpants. More later...

No comments: