Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Red Card for Frank

My cat Frank is a thoughtful feline. Having seen his pregnant mum get home from a stressful trip abroad, face a hurricane, live without power for a week and then get a stomach bug from hell, he decided the day before visitors come to urinate all over the basement.
Not just on the concrete floor where the laundry stuff resides. No, that would be too easy to clean. He decides to go on fabrics and in baby car seats and on anything (1) touching the floor (2) slightly absorbent in nature (3) not detectable for several weeks until it pongs to high heaven.
I don't want to hear about bladder infections and stressed cats knowing a new baby is coming. Right now I have no sympathy with the little b****rd and would gladly turn him into a hearth rug if only I weren't so intent on cleaning the house before my mum and auntie Edna arrive tomorrow.
He had better clean up his act sharpish or I'm going to be looking for a taxidermist. You've been warned pussy cat.

9 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my GOSH, that's hilarious. I mean, only because I don't have to clean it up and I'm not pregnant. You poor momma.

Jen said...

Funny how that always happens at the most inopportune times. At least he was considerate enough to do it before company arrives and you have time to clean it up. Hope you have a great visit!

Fredsueand me said...

I nearly killed our cat just after noah was born. the day i was picking sue and noah up from hospital, i came home to find cat sh*t (diarrhea) on all 6 of the cushions of our couch. so i had a frantic hour cleaning and washing covers an scrubbing the highly absorbent couch pads, sue arrived home to find our couch drying in the garden. iam not one for cruelty to animals but he did get a proper kick up the arse for that.2 months later we had a new couch it was never the same, dirty little buggers.
I feel for ya.

Fredsueand me said...

by the way pam thanks so much for the pics you sent me, the dvd is on its way tomorrow. x

Pam said...

Emily, You are so smart - don't ever get animals. They drive you mad.

Jen, Thanks! I love spending time with my mum and this time her sister is here too - should be fun!

Lee, Know what you mean about ruining furniture - they've destroyed our basement. I love them but have days when I could open the back door and give each one of them a swift kick up the arse.
Can't wait to see the DVD XXX

Expat mum said...

Isn't there something in cat poo tht is dangerous for pregnant women? Sounds like the perfect excuse to turn him into an outdoor cat, if he isn't one already.

Pam said...

Hey Expat Mum,
No, I wish he was outdoors. He's indoors only and has the common sense of a brick, so would immediately run under a car.
Yes - cat poo is dangerous for pregnant women. My poor hubby has to clean out the trays :-)

Pam said...

Lee: Once last thing. I know you hate doing it but PLEASE keep blogging. I do miss seeing those pictures.......

Fredsueand me said...

i know iam sorry, just cant get into the blog, i have tried, i just find it difficult. iam on facebook now though and keep up with that, also there is a direct link for iphoto to facebook so is easier and i dont have to scratch my head over what to write on a blog. just not for me i recon it seems to come easy to you and you do it very well. will write on your wall everytime i add photos i promise. wedding dvd is done too so will be in the post to you this week, also i have made the slideshow files active on the dvd rom so you can take any of the pics off you want for printing or whatever.
sue is singing again tomorow at her friend suzane's wedding.
Take care, and no picking up cat poo for you, what a hardship how will you cope. lee x x x