Thursday, April 23, 2015

My Car, My Eyeballs, My Students

I finally got my car back last night, and then it went back to get fixed again today, and then I got it back again. I hope this is the end of it. The damn thing has cost us nearly 4k in the last 3 months and that's far too much money for something so tedious!  It was comforting to know from our mechanic that it was nothing I did that caused it all at least. Stupid car. Scratch that, I ♥ my car, I just hope it gives me a few good years now.

Today I also went to get my eyes checked, which is always a drawn-out affair where they dilate my pupils and put dye in my eyes and tell me off for keeping my contact lenses too long. This year I am switching back to glasses and just wearing contacts at the pool with my sunglasses. I fancy a change as my eyes are getting dry and scratchy from lenses.  I'm actually quite excited about picking some frames and wearing them again.


Finally, today was also my last class of the semester and I said goodbye to 125 students. It's always somewhat of a relief, to have finished teaching, but also quite poignant and sad saying goodbye. Interacting with young people keeps me on my toes and I think they are underestimated. They have a lot of great things to say and they see the world in a different way than we do.

No comments: