Sunday, October 25, 2015

Autumn Catch-up!

This fall came in with a bang as soon as we got back from England and I've been horrible at keeping this blog up to date. Next month will change all that since I like to blog every day in November.

Until then, here's a few things we've been up to this past month ..

Danny joined the Cub Scouts, so we now have a Tiger Cub and a Webelos 1 in the house.  
Since Craig is heavily involved in Jack's Den and also Committee Chair for the Pack, guess who got roped in? Yes, I am now Communications and Website Chair, as well as Daniel's Akela (a wolf leader, from Rudyard Kipling's "Jungle Book"). Since their website was in tatters and they had no Facebook page it's been hard work to get it all squared away, but I like it. I also like being Danny's Akela, as well as his mum. Makes me sound much cooler than I am.


Don't let the sunshine fool you. It rained all night long, like it does at every camp-out

We have another fall soccer season under our belts. 
Sometimes they rocked it, sometimes they whined. They scored brilliant goals and then they faked injuries so they could sit out. It was a season of up and downs and they sometimes said they didn't want to do it next year but then they'd change their minds. I love watching them play and think it's really important that they learn how to be part of a team, so I'll be cajoling them into another season next year.

Playing goalie for The Pirates

Playing hard for The Villains
Official pictures...



We've been spending time with Eric's partner Dave and also Eric's friend Donny, who found him when he died at work. This past week Donny had a minor stroke and was hospitalized. My heart aches for him, carrying the burden that he couldn't save Eric. All we can do is be there for each other.



We have another pet.... a crested gecko called Henry. 
I like Henry because: he doesn't need a heat pad or a heat lamp, he doesn't bite, he doesn't need fancy food, and he doesn't need expensive crap in his tank. He also does the smallest poos and sleeps for 15 hours a day. That's my kind of pet. He might live for 10 years but at least he won't try and trip me up on the stairs like my damn cats do.
Daniel now wants an axolotl. More on that later.

Jack & Henry having a bonding moment

School pictures this year made my boys look normal, so we bought them (to distribute soon). Last year they looked like serial killers but I don't think they look half bad this time.



No comments: