Thursday, December 06, 2007

Crazy, Snowy Week

I had a big conference at work this week. It's the big week we all gear up for and we all talk and moderate sessions and mingle with guests. Its exhausting but always a joy to see old friends, colleagues and ex-students. Especially the ex-students. I love to see how they've progressed in the world and gone on to have families and travel and enjoy life. As you can imagine there's lots of story telling too and the odd late night in the conference bar. Unfortunately this year I was the designated driver and also the speaker that got the 7 or 8am speaking slot - so I avoided the bars all week. Even so, I'm sat right now, "on my chin strap" as they say.

I also handed in my final physics paper yesterday and will find out my grade probably by Monday next week. I hope I get a B. I'll be estatic with a B+. I have just about finished all the classes I need to take but I must get stuck into a project or I'll look like Barbara Walters by the time I bloody graduate. I'll have to ask the graduation organisers if they can put that artificial haze around me when I go on stage, so everyone can't see that I'm actually 105 years old.

So, that's it. This week has all been about work. No fun stuff to share about Jack. No other exciting news about us, other than the fact that it snowed this week - about 4-5 inches I think. I took Cody down the snicket near our house tonight & took this picture. It was a glorious evening - mild and crisp white with a lovely orange sun.

Edited Saturday 9th December to add: I got an "A" in physics!!!!!

3 comments:

Gina B said...

so, if you are done with classes, does this mean you are almost done with PH.D stuff? very proud of you this quarter!!!

xoxox gina

Eats Wombats said...

Congrats and 3 cheers for mature students :-)

--another who studied in the Buckeye state long ago (in a more beautiful part too; clue _THE_ Ohio U.)

Eats Wombats said...

Congrats and 3 cheers for mature students :-)

--another who studied in the Buckeye state long ago (in a more beautiful part too; clue _THE_ Ohio U.)