Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Where do you Hide Fishing Rods?

Tonight was Jack's last swimming class till the new year. It was an absolute joy to watch him in the water because he doesn't appear to have inherited my fear. It was a "double whammy" as they say: watching him being confident in the water and watching him play with his dad. Every time I see them together having fun I get choked up, but then I'm a sentimental fool sometimes.

The swimming instructor came over at the end and said he needn't repeat the Tiny Tots class but could sign up for "Little Nemo" next, which sounds far more advanced and mature doesn't it. You'd have thought she told me he'd just beaten Michael Phelps 50 metre record the way my heart swelled up.

If I'm absolutely honest I was just a tiny bit scared, especially when Craig took him down a humongous windy water slide. Then on the way home he said "I'm going to keep taking him because I want him to be able to pull himself out of a river if he falls in next summer when we go fishing" and I thought "note to self: hide his fishing rods and refuse to go camping for the next five years".

3 comments:

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Can just imagine you almost went into panic mode Pam. Men just see things differently don't they?

A x

Emily said...

Yay Little Nemos! Are you signing up for the next session? We'll have to chat to see what time you're thinking about...

Oma Froehle said...

Pam, I have room in my garage for the fishing poles. In fact, we might never find them EVER AGAIN in our garage. And besides, it's in Pittsburgh.

Jack and Katy will be racing across the deep end of the pool next summer. Woo Hoo!