Sunday, April 19, 2009

Back to the Madhouse

My days spent cuddling and hanging out with my baby boy are over as I'm going back to work in the morning. I feel sad and excited all at the same time. I'm also a bit scared as I have loads of work stuff to do, but you know, it would be very strange (and probably impossible to justify my job) if I was going back after 12 weeks and didn't have loads to do.

I had a good day today. My footy team, Everton, beat Manchester United so they are in the FA Cup final with Chelsea at the end of May. Craig and Jack are Man U fans. Me and Danny are Blues. Of course both boys will probably end up supporting Arsenal and I'll have to ask them to move out.

Righty-ho then. I'm off to bed so that I am bright eyed and bushy tailed for work in the morning. It probably wouldn't look good if I turned up late, covered in baby barf.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Have a good first day back! I'll be thinking of you!

Fredsueand me said...

good luck mrs. it will be fine, your anold hand at this now. love to everyone from us x x

mountainear said...

Best of luck - have a good day.

That's a great picture of mom and her boys.

Pam said...

Emily, Lee & Mountainear,
Thanks for the nice comments. The day went good, but OH it was nice to see the boys tonight.

Kelsey said...

I hope the adjustment goes smoothly, and that you have enough work to keep you from missing the boys too much!

Clippy Mat said...

good luck. looking forward to hearing about your first day back.
:-)

Expat mum said...

Good luck! Don't forget to blog!

Pam said...

Hello Kelsey, Clippy & Expat, Thanks for thinking of me. It's actually going great and I love being at work but I do miss my boys and I'm feeling a bit peevish about the time the care workers are getting to spend with him. Two nights a week I work late so didn't even get to see Danny tonight as he was in bed. I'll have to sneak in and kiss him.