Friday, May 15, 2009

Farrah Fawcett & Inherited Legs

I had every intention of coming on here and having a good old moan tonight as I feel ill, but after just watching Farrah Fawcett's story on NBC I'm feeling decidedly more optimistic and grateful. Farrah, my favourite Angel, in case you didn't know, has cancer and is dying. There was a bit in the film where she reads a letter to her son, Redmond. Redmond has made the news a lot for the last couple of years for drugs and probation violation and he's in prison at the moment.

But oh, the letter she wrote to him reduced me to a blubbering wreck. It was from a dying mum to her darling son. While she was reading it, the telly showed pictures of her with him when he was a newborn, a baby gurgling at her, a toddler holding his little arms around her neck. By that time I was crying so bad I couldn't see, was gulping for air, and had bubbles coming out of my nose. Bloody hell. One minute I don't give a bugger about Farrah Fawcett and now I'm going to have to follow her story by Googling her on a regular basis.

It's like when I get sad stories to watch on DVD (The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas was the last one). Craig looks at me and says "Why can't you just watch happy stuff?"

I don't know. It's something we HAVE to do. It's a woman's thing.





Anyway, to lighten the mood here's 2 pix of our lads taken tonight by Craig:



Jack - Got his dad's fabulous soccer legs

Danny - Right now, got legs like his mum

3 comments:

Emily said...

I feel that way right now about jon and kate plus 8. I am so so sad about what's been happening, and I really want their marriage to work out, and it's not looking good. I find myself looking for the latest update on it. Ugh. Farrah would've sent me over the edge.

Jen said...

If you like movies to cry over, watch "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" I was crying within the first 10 mins., probably because the baby looked so much like Emmy at birth. I'm now reading the book, so we'll see how many times I cry through that. =)

Kelsey said...

Sometimes that's how I can tell if I really like a TV show - if it makes me cry every week then I'm hooked!

I used to have a thing for soccer players. . . don't worry Jack is a little young for me!!!