Friday, October 18, 2013

Date Fiasco & Start of Halloween

Tonight we got a babysitter and went to watch "Gravity" in 3D. I was excited because it's got rave reviews and even Craig was excited and he hates Sandra Bullock. I was also looking forward to getting out for a couple of hours. So we got to the cinema and it was closed for renovation until next summer. Then we got stuck in traffic. And to really put a downer on the evening we did a spot of grocery shopping when we saw a supermarket. We did finally get some dinner but then we were home by nine. So much for a romantic and cool night out!   The big question is - how did I find a movie listing and time for the film at that place if it's closed?  I guess my senile dementia has struck again.

I've been crap again at this blog and I'm not sure why, because I think about blog posts every single day. I just don't seem to have the energy to get to it once the kids are in bed and all my chores are done. All I can think about is sleep. November (national blog posting month) is coming up though and that means I get to post every single day!

A few highlights from the last few days: Jack scored a goal at soccer and is loving the cub scouts. He's still doing Tang Soo Do but we've told him he can do no more activities. He's got the energy of 10 men but we don't. Danny's doing fab at school and just an absolute character. What a clever lad he is too. I must get a video of him reciting the Pledge of Allegiance as it is far too cute.

We are in full Halloween swing here. The house is decorated and we are going to a "Trunk or Treat" tomorrow. A "trunk or treat" is like "trick or treat" but instead of knocking on doors, kids go from car boot (trunk) to car boot. We are dressing up our car boot and joining in.

Another thing we are doing: pumpkin farms, hay rides, and fall play farms.  Halloween is turning into one of our favourite holidays.


No comments: