Friday, June 25, 2010

No More Basement Dwelling

Dot & Harry (Craig's parents) set off home for England today so it will be a bit sad in the house tonight, with everyone feeling homesick and a bit lost. It's always like that, until we know they are home safe tomorrow and having a nice cup of tea. Jack was on the phone to me from the airport and he said "Grandad just said goodbye and gave me his hat, because he loves me" and I thought oh boy, I bet Craig's a mess.

BUT there's lots of reasons to be cheerful this weekend..

I get to sleep in my bed tonight and not in the basement, with the never ending fear that a spider will crawl onto bed and pitter-patter across my face. Urggghhghgh - that's me having a fit of the willies.

I'm looking forward to the big game on Sunday, even if the psychic octopus did predict a German victory. I do have mixed feelings though - while it would be fabulous to get into the final eight I'm not too giddy about playing Argentina. Losing to Diego Maradona's team would be hideous, akin to spiders on the face. Anyway, we'll be joining tons of other expats here at a pub in Columbus to have a full English breakfast (with black pudding I'l have you know) before the big event. I'll try and remember to take some pictures between shouting and carrying on like a hooligan.

Me & Jack are going to a birthday party with a bouncy castle! I wish I was 4, I really do. When I was a kid we were lucky to have a few balloons, and not the helium kind they all have now. Ours just floated along the ground until we picked them up and rubbed them on our heads. Good times.

I'm hoping I'll get to see Luke at some point.

There are some stinky things to do as well though.

I'll be playing catch-up after 3 weeks of ignoring all things domestic. My house is a terrible mess. Laundry baskets are overflowing and toys are scattered all over the floor like a minefield. My lawn is long and straggly and weeds are taking over. As I'm sitting here I'm looking at the kitchen table cloth full of kiddie stains and blueberries squished on the floor. When I win the lottery I'm getting a cleaner.

I hope you all have a great weekend & GO ENGLAND!!! (and Go USA as well of course)

No comments: