Monday, June 28, 2010

Is that you, Damien?

For the first time in ages I went to bed last night at a decent hour. For 5 weeks I've been burning the candle at both ends and partying like a teenager. Anyway, I sank into bed at 10pm and was immediately asleep, even with thunderstorms raging overhead.

At 3.30am I heard "Christ!" and I sat bolt upright in bed, looking shocked and with hair up like Cindy Lauper. It was Craig that had shouted out because stood next to his side of the bed, staring intently at him and just inches from his nose, was Jack.

I thought he's either sleepwalking or he's turned into a devil child that's come to hack us both to death. He said "can I have some warm milk daddy?" I won't repeat what Craig said.

It's made me chuckle a few times today thinking about it. No matter how old we get there are several things that are always terrifying and waking up in the dark to find someone staring at you is one of them.

No comments: