Sunday, July 24, 2016

Weekend at Mohican

We had such a great weekend camping at Mohican this weekend. I seriously love our pop-up camper. Even with a 98 degree heat advisory issued we could sleep in air conditioning and take some moments through the day to escape the heat. We also rafted and then tubed down the Mohican River most of yesterday. We were on the water six hours, along with hundreds of hillbilly drunk Americans who had air horns and beer bongs and mouths like sailors. It's a good job my kids hear a lot of swearing at home or else they might have been shocked.  But joking aside, the people were such fun and very easy going. I like the camping crowd.

Our friend Maureen joined us and said she loved the weekend away. Thankfully I have great neighbours who could look after Ben. He'll tag along on future trips, just not when it's 98 degrees.

Some highlights: dancing with Jack to our summer anthem (Justin Timberlake's "Can't stop the feeling") at the campsite disco last night, playing cards with the kids, watching Jack master some tricks on his BMX, people-watching on the river, carrying Danny, with his arms around my neck and his face nuzzled into my neck when he crosses gravel roads (he refuses to wear shoes, just like I did at his age), and just having quality family time.

I already can't wait for the next camping trip. As Craig said on the way home "this will be the shortest summer ever".
















No comments: