Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Day in the Life of Sausage Fingers

While getting Jack ready this morning he told me his bum hurt. I had all sorts of alarm bells going off in my head of bullying and falling over etc. at day-care. I asked him why his bum hurt. He said a dinosaur bit him.

It's official - my fingers have turned into big fat sausages and the rings came off today. Feels funny without them.

Having tons of contractions but God, please don't let this little fella come before next week. I'm not ready. Too much work. Bag not packed. Not hoovered or polished. Boss will have a conniption (he will anyway - America is not too "maternity-leave friendly" compared to Europe)

As promised, here is the link to the BBC Radio 5 "UK versus USA" debate last night on Expat Mum's Blog. Interesting stuff. Particularly liked her "puppy" comment and his observation that it's probably better to be shot than stabbed and set on fire. You'll have to listen to it to understand!

Obama's first day as President and someone sent me a funny video of Bush's goofs over the last 8 years entitled "you'll miss him really". Errrrr NO, I really won't. REALLY. I won't.

4 comments:

mountainear said...

Exciting times! What a great times to be born in America.

Do you do things like save 'birth day' newspapers to look back on?

Pam said...

Hi Mountainear! I have kept a paper from last November when Obama won and will get one for him on his birth day. I am a sentimental old fool about those kind of things. I even have a Lancashire Evening Post from the day Diana died!

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Suppose you will be getting things sorted this weekend then Pam as you are that close - how exciting!

Love Jack's imagination!

A x

Clippy Mat said...

a dinsoaur bit him!
kids come out with the funniest stuff don't they? LOL