Saturday, January 17, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire a Big Hit for Us!

We watched "Slumdog Millionaire" last night. What a fabulous film!! 

If it was my decision between Slumdog & Gran Torino (another beautiful film) for the best film Oscar I think my vote would be for Slumdog.

My only slightly incy-wincy niggle with the film was the lead actress. I just didn't feel really warm about her - even at the end she didn't seem like she was in love like she should have been, and I don't think that was the character she played - I think the actress just didn't quite capture it somehow. 

BUT, I'm a hopeless romantic and I like to see outpourings of love, like the kiss in the poppy fields in "A Room with a View" or the desperation of Heathcliff. 

The lead actor the the two little boys who play the brothers when they are young are just amazing. What a great great film!

Here's the Slumdog trailer ...



4 comments:

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

I think this is a film that Bob and I may well try to see at the cinema. Thanks for recommendation. A x

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Hi Pam - me again - just to let you know there is an award waiting for you at my place. Hope you will accept. A x

Clippy Mat said...

I can't wait to see it. We saw Gran Torino. Wasn't what i expected really but it was still good, but again, one of the performances in this film didn't ring true for me either and i thought it let it down. I'm speaking of the guy who played the priest, but then i'm a bit of a critic.
p.s. let me know if you want Parky.
:-)

Pam said...

Hi Anne: You won't be disappointed. Thanks for the award again - you made my day! XX

Clippy: Priest was an odd character wasn't he? Hope you like Slumdog. I also had to sit through "Stepbrothers" with my DH and I hate to say it but it made me laugh - stupid but a good laugh.
You finished Parky already??? Oh, yes please. I'll email you tomorrow xx