Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve Pictures

It's Christmas Eve and I'm feeling good. The presents are wrapped, the parcels have been posted to England and the turkey is defrosting nicely. Since Dot & Harry got here we've been busy so I'll just post some pictures of our week ...

Char & Jan came in from California last night and stopped by before they set off for their family gathering. We decorated their truck with reindeer antlers, a sign that reads "Santa's little helpers" on the windshield, and a big sign on the back that says "Honk if you like Santa!"

Danny is becoming such a bright and smiley boy. I can't wait to see his face in the morning when he opens his toy trains. He loves trains.

Talking of trains, they have a huge train display at the library and we took the boys.

We did a drive-through light display at Alum Creek State Park which was really nice, so that is definitely going to be something we do each year. Think Blackpool lights without the drunken stag-night people throwing themselves in front of your car.

Our neighbour's tree continues to fascinate me. That I can see this each night from my kitchen window makes me a lucky lady indeed. They showed me letters and electric bill donations they get each year from appreciative people in the community.

View from my side kitchen window: more snow is forecast today and tomorrow so hopefully we can take the boys sledding tomorrow afternoon.

Snow angel!
He did this while we were at the Dickens Christmas event at the Ohio Historical Society last weekend. There is a recreated Dickensian village with actors in character, St. Nick is there and there's bonfires with roasted chestnuts and all other kinds of interesting things to do.


So there we are - just a few snaps as I don't feel like I've posted too much this week.
Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you have a lovely weekend! X

No comments: