Thursday, December 16, 2010

English Booty & Feeling Festive

On Monday, Craig's mum & dad (Dot & Harry) got here from England and brought this:

So I will need much larger pants by January.

On Wednesday it was Jack's Christmas show at school and he did great. We sat in the packed church pews and watched as the little ones, all dressed up for their Christmas party, came down the aisle. Our Jack looked terrified and at one point I saw him do a big gulp and thought oh no! he's going to be sick!, so I waved until he spotted us and he gave us a big grin & relaxed. He sang his little heart out and did all the motions. I was so proud of him and was on the verge of tears the whole time. Dot cried too - it was just so festive and the kids were so cute that you couldn't help yourself.

Can you spot him? (top right, surrounded by girls)

After his show there was a party in his room and Santa came. Jack asked me if it was the real Santa (I've told him the big guy has many helpers, since you see them everywhere) and I said I wasn't sure. As we were leaving, Jack went up to Santa and squished his belly! Santa said "are you checking to make sure I'm the real Santa young man?" and Jack said yes. That's my boy.

Talking of cheeky monkeys, the room situation has not got any better. It's an effing nightmare actually. I can only make Danny sleep if he has no nap during the day, the room is pitch black and he's on his own. Even then it's taking him 40 minutes to fall asleep. Poor Jack has to stay out of the room till we know the little bugger is asleep. Sigh.

It's great having Dot & Harry here though. It really feels like Christmas and the boys are excited. And it's snowing and there's pretty lights everywhere. I couldn't feel more festive if I tried. Tra la la la la la la la la ......

No comments: