Thursday, December 02, 2010

Happy Birthday Craig!

My better half turned 41 today and he's celebrating in a most manly way.

We got him a nice gun cleaning kit in a wooden box and all kinds of good stuff, like Superman undies. Jack was jealous and made me promise that he can get Superman undies for his birthday too. I also bought Craig a Zip-it on the advice of our friend Brian. At $2.95 it's becoming this years hot gift for men that like to get nasty stuff out of plug-holes!

Tonight he had smokey bar-b-q ribs for tea and now he's watching "The Expendables, which is a crazy shoot-em-up film with Stallone, Stratham, Willis, Lundgren, Rourke and a few other muscle men that are 65 but look 50. Arnie even has a cameo. In the opening scene Dolph Lundgren shoots a man with a grenade launcher and splat! You can imagine the type of film it is so Craig's in heaven.

Gun season started this past week, so he's taking a day off work tomorrow and headed into the woods with his 12 gauge. If I'm honest I don't like gun season too much. I much prefer him to go into the woods during bow season. There are far too many yahoos with guns for my liking (think Dick Cheney). Anyway, he's going to be dressed in bright orange from head to toe and he'll text me when he can. He should have just got his bow out on Tuesday morning when we had an 8-point buck and a doe eating berries in our garden. Jack was so excited and told me they were Santa's reindeer, bless.

So Happy Birthday Craig from me & the boys. And stay safe in them there woods. X

No comments: