Thursday, January 06, 2011

The January Jollies

I'm trying to be "Mrs. cup half-full" today, even though Craig's mum and dad leave tomorrow, both our boys have hideous colds and it's snowing. And we didn't win the lottery and $350 million would have come in very handy if we had.
And I have thrown in the towel on the lads sharing a room. After tomorrow we'll do a switch back to their own rooms. It has been a chuffing NIGHTMARE to be honest. Like putting two hyperactive monkeys on acid in a bedroom together. Maybe when Danny's a bit older I'll try again but right now we're all exhausted from it. Even poor Jack has started saying he can't wait to have his own space again, especially since he's sick right now.

Still.
Other than that things are just chipper.
I started to be healthy again after 1 ton of nuts and 5 pounds of cheese eaten over the holidays. I am determined to go home to England this summer looking and feeling good like I did pre-Danny in 2008. Pregnancy does horrible things to a woman's body though and mine will never be the same. Unless I win the lottery of course and then everything will get lifted, chopped off and tightened.
Danny's personality has lit up having his grandparents around. He's counting already and chattering and just the best little chap I could hope for. Still mad as balloons of course but then I'm beginning to get on board with it a bit and trying my best not to break his spirit. Sorry if that sounds cheesy - don't know of another way to put it. Jack is such a character too. He will only wear short pants (even in freezing weather!) and has become very independent in his ways. His imagination is great too and I think he'll be a very creative young man.
What else to be positive about? Good health for me and Craig. My mum's birthday (Happy Birthday, I love you!). The visit home to England this summer and a great Buckeye win this past Tuesday.

No comments: