Monday, January 31, 2011

Till Next Time Old Blighty

After quite a bit of consideration and lots of talking back and forth between me & Craig we made the horrible decision this week not to go to England this summer. Even as I type the words I feel sad. The bottom line is that we'd be foolish to spend 5 grand on flights this year with the economy the way it is. Our mortgage and other commitments are too important. Imagine coming home from that trip and one of us loses our job, or gets sick? It's scary times, not the time to gallivant.Do I sound convinced of my own decision or what?? I know I don't. It's doubly hard for me because I'm a "sod it, let's do it!" person and Craig's more conservative, more grounded about these things. So. No trip home to look forward to then. Humph. In rebellion I have abandoned my diet (must lose weight before I go home to England) and I have eaten like a pig the last few days. Of course I'll behave again soon when I don't feel so fed-up.

I should spend my time this summer doing house projects but, well, you know.
I could actually start my PhD project.
Or maybe I'll make elaborate plans for the garden.
Or maybe I'll just sulk for the rest or 2011.

No comments: