Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend '16

Memorial Weekend was just great.

The weather was hot hot hot with the odd shower and mini thunderstorm thrown in.

We took the kids to the pool and we all got burnt. Well that bit wasn't so great. I'm assuming suncream has a life span?

I watched a film "Love & Friendship" and had a little drinkie afterwards with Maureen.

We went to a neighbors BBQ and had fun as usual.

We watched Deadpool finally (LOVED IT!).

We watched ET with the kids. Cried again.

I had a little "meeting" with my friend Heather who made me a rhubarb martini.

We went to Operation Flag at a local cemetery with the Cub Scouts and put flags on veteran's grave sites. For about 15 minutes we lost Daniel and it was the longest 15 minutes of my life. It scared him too, so hopefully he learns not to wander off!

I feel like we did it all.  We respected the reason for the holiday but we also enjoyed life. Perfect.

Here's some pictures from the flag ceremony....

Each pack is designated an area of the cemetery. Each grave that mentions war or service gets a flag. 

3 veterans in our Pack

Danny & his friend

Jack and a friend

Jack & friends

John Bergmann was there. 96 yrs old. Code Breaker who worked at Bletchley Park with Alan Turing. He met Churchill. This man is a legend and it made my year meeting him. 


No comments: