Sunday, February 11, 2007

Kitchen Renovation

This weekend Craig got about 1/4 cabinets sanded and stained "oak red". My job is to keep Jack entertained. I feel guilty not getting stuck into the DIY but we both agree that keeping our lad happy & amused is the number one priority.

We've got the chrome cabinet hardware we think might fit and the new sink, which I LOVE. We bought a 33" black granite sink, which is just gorgeous & sexy (yes really).
The blue tile backsplash is going. No idea what tile we'll replace it with yet - like I said before, this thing is ever evolving.


The sanding dust is EVERYWHERE so I've got to try and not stress about it. Being a clean freak that's going to be hard. We've hung plastic sheets in doorways so at least it's not in the front room.

I'm not going to freak out if this isn't done in in the next 2 weeks but I'm the impatient one that likes things done yesterday. I don't think it will take us long once the cabinets are done though. It's going to be so nice to have a contractor come in and do the countertops for us so we don't have to do it the poor way and botch it up.

Above picture ~ I can live with construction as long as I can go in there every night and make it clean - I'm a clean freak!

Lastly, for the floor we're thinking bamboo hardwood. It's lovely (and only $2.95/sq.ft.) but we have no idea how to fit it. We'll have to Google it.

More renovation pix soon ...

No comments: