Thursday, February 15, 2007

Sawdust EVERYWHERE

I'm going to be coughing up sawdust for the next two years! The sanding is coming along great guns as you can see. Craig's done a great job & got about 1/3 of it done - got the drawers & doors to do next. I worked on getting the tile backsplash out and each night I clean so that we can make a brew in the morning and I can make up Jack's bottles.
We have been advertising on Craigslist about needing a 36-inch base cabinet that matches. Until we have that in place (on the left were the bin is), we can't get the countertop guys in to measure. Some guy called Stan's been e-mailing me all week saying he has one but he's been too busy to call us. He's promised to call me tomorrow so fingers crossed!


This is what the finished cabinets will look like. We've stained them oak red and they'll have chrome handles. I think they will look fabulous and I'm so pleased we decided to keep them.


We took a quick trip out to Sears Outlet today and bought a fridge. It's being delivered March 16th to give us time to get ready - the old one is going in the basement as a beer fridge and somewhere we can store pizza - the side-by-side fridges are too narrow we found out! These fridges normally run at $1,1000 but we got one for $549. It has a tiny scratch on the front the length of a penny that you wouldn't notice unless I told you - which I just have!! Dohh. No doubt I'll have smart comments now from visitors about how scratched up our fridge is!



So plans for this weekend - get the rest of the sanding done, get all the tile backsplash out and get the area ready for new tile, get together with Stan to get the much needed cabinet, and oh yeah, play with our lad. We played so much with him yesterday he slept from 7pm until 8.30am this morning!

No comments: