Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentines Day Snow

For those of you outside of Ohio, this is what's happening here this week. The snow started Monday night and we got several inches, then an ice storm, then a couple more inches. The university is closed so I am off work woo-hoo! I did try and take Jack to child care this morning so I could work on the kitchen but got to the end of the road and turned around as my car was sliding all over the place. It was scary.

This is the view from the upstairs window. My Ford Escape is in the foreground.
Poor Cody, who usually loves the snow, is freaked out because he keeps falling through the thin crust of ice on top and it scares him. Getting him to go outside has been a challenge.



Jack is fascinated with the snow. His favourite thing to do is to stand on the sofa in the front room and look out the window at it. I can't wait till we can take him sledding - maybe next year.

I've really enjoyed these last 2 days being at home with him and feel like we've got much closer. He puts his arms up now when he sees me and grins everytime I enter the room. He does the same to Craig. It's heart-melting! Talking of melting hearts, Craig and I didn't even say "Happy Valentines" this morning. We didn't get each other cards or anything. We'll have to make a bit of an effort tonight - maybe get a pizza, bottle of bubbly and watch American Idol - how romantic!

No comments: