Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Oscars week!

Here's Jack with his new toy I got from Once Upon a Child (2nd hand place). He stands there forever, just throwing plastic bits and trying to chew the table. Last night we were showing him how to bang stuff together, which he picked up pretty good. He's also sort-of holding a cup now & sipping water.

I still have him eating fruit & veggies. I'm so paranoid about sugars and crappy food that I can't even bring myself to buy anything with meat in it, so he's officially a vegetarian at this point! I saw come chicken dinner jars but it said "mechanically separated chicken" and I don't know what that means - I have visions of big machines stripping all the fat & grissel off the white meat and dumping it into baby food jars! My best friend, Sue's little boy, Noah, is a veggie and he's fine. I'll think we'll stick with it for a while.

The reason I have no updated pictures of the kitchen is that we have done nothing yet this week. We watched The Departed last night (loved it) and we're watching Babel tonight with Char & Jan. So far, I hope Little Miss Sunshine wins the oscar for best film, although I did like Dreamgirls, which made Gina and I cry. I hope Jennifer Hudson gets a gong, and also Leonardo DeCaprio - he was amazing in the film last night and they say he's fab in Blood Diamond.

I must be having a media week - I just finished a book in 2 days too - The Divide by Nicholas Evans. He's one of my favourite authors (wrote the Horse Whisperer). Anyway, it was amazing and I can't stop thinking about it, but I'm always like that after a good book. I hope Jack loves to read as much as I do..

No comments: