Sunday, July 10, 2011

Loving the Local Free Stuff!

My mum was telling me recently that her local library has closed and that many more are following suit in England. That's really sad. I love where I live because even in tough economic times we have a fantastic library system and local things for the kids to do that's free. For example, just this weekend I took J&D's library forms to the summer reading program at the library and got free passes to a water park, the zoo, colouring books and pencil cases, each chocked full of goodies. I can't imagine what I'd do without my local library.

Then yesterday we met friends at Scioto Mile - our new downtown park complete with splash pad. Danny was a bit scared of it at first but Jack had a great time.


Today we'll probably hit the local outdoor pool - also free. I feel very lucky to have these local places at my fingertips, especially when it's HOT like today (85 degrees). Right now the boys are in our garden pool while I catch up on here (mummy's time out). Craig is on his way back from his annual white-water rafting trip to West Virginia. I've missed him and once again I take my hat off and salute single parents everywhere because having two kids to entertain on your own is tough. I feel like I'm always just one step away from complete insanity.

No comments: