Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dinner Help & New Alphabet

I am starting to enjoy cooking, which is a whole new world to me. Being home more I have been watching Gordon Ramsay quite a bit and he's inspired me, not only to swear more but to try my hand at something a bit more daring than beans on toast or "skinheads on a raft" as Craig calls it. My culinary disasters in the past have become legendary. I once cooked the padded paper that comes with chicken breast fillets (origami chicken), left calamari in the oven for several hours (calamari a la charcoal) and two weeks ago I burnt a tin of peas, which made the house smell delightful. I have been successfully cooking dinner so far this week but my first real test will be tomorrow as we have guests coming over for dinner and I am going to try something healthy and not too complicated. Any suggestions folks?


For grandparents, family & bloggy friends: Here's a 22-second video of my boy genius. He has developed a new version of the alphabet! I think his version is great and we should all end it with "wiggle wiggle wiggle".




2 comments:

Jen said...

That is too cute! I like Jack's version much better than the original.

One fav. healthy dish we like is whole wheat pasta (usually penne or rotini) with sauteed vegetables. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute onion, garlic, zucchini, yellow squash, green pepper, and mushrooms in 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper while it's cooking. Drain pasta and add to the veggie skillet along with a can of diced tomatoes (optional, but yummy!). Warm through and serve with fresh parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. Good luck!

mountainear said...

Priceless - especially the wiggle, wiggle, wiggle. I must remember that.

Supper? Best of luck. Just don't try the ravioli stuffed with oxtail a la Mr Mountainear.