Thursday, March 19, 2009

Satnav Witch

I've got something big coming up at work and even though I'm on maternity leave for another 5 weeks I must get prepared, so I planned to go in today and take Danny with me.

Danny isn't sleeping through yet but it's okay. I can do a 3 am feed and still go to work I reckon. Jack however woke up at least 5 times crying for me and by this morning it was obvious he was sick. Turns out he has an ear infection and a blister in there. I tried to look tonight and even poked a cotton bud down there. Yes, I know you're not supposed to put anything bigger than your elbow in your ear but for heavens sake, until they come up with an ear cleaning device as big as your elbow that works I'm sticking these things in my kids ears. Anyway, I'm not going to complain about it as it's his first ear infection ever in nearly 3 years.

Where was I? Oh, yes. Supposed to go to work today. So I can't go to work and now I'm having panic attacks about not being prepared for my big thing. Danny's a newborn and needs attention all day. Jack's sick, daft dog Cody got his collar stuck on our bed rail and nearly choked himself to death this morning. Cats meowing all day as per bloody usual. To top it all I'm having blonde moments just about all day.

Such as:

Leaving supermarkets and having no clue where my car is

Being in the shower and having a big dollop of goo in my palm and not remembering if it's body wash or shampoo or conditioner

Calling husband, kids and animals all by the same name

The final insult is that the Satnav Woman in the car is playing up and until I say "Okay" in a sexy American accent she will not stop asking me questions. I say a lot more than "okay" to the annoying witch but hopefully Jack doesn't hear me. How have I got to the point in life where this computer woman is annoying me like a real person?

Anyway. My hubby Craig came to the rescue as usual and planned time off so I can go in to work and see to things. I'm now sat with a glass of Chablis, both kids in bed and life is good. If Ms Satnav was here right now I'd get her drunk and try to persuade her to say rude things to lost drivers.


Last but not least. I think there's just the slightest chance that these two little fettlers might be brothers ...





Taken at 7 weeks old

7 comments:

Emily said...

Poor Jack - we were wondering if he was sick since he missed swimming lessons. I hope youe enjoy a chance to go into work and catch up on some things without interruptions...

and that Satnav woman? I've never heard that term but that is stinking hilarious!

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Well at least you can still see the funny side of it all Pam. Hope Jack's ear is better now (my son used to suffer earache also) poor little chap. Great photo of your lads at 7 weeks - like 2 peas!

A x

Lakeland Jo said...

sorry to hear about the ear. Horrible. I had so much bother with my ears when I was a kid.
I argue with my satnav-how sad is that?
Babies are lovely

Pam said...

Em: Life is never boring is it. Sorry we missed you at swimming class and hope Jack didn't give Katy & David his cold.
Hi Anne: Jack tells me that he's all better now so that's a relief. It breaks your heart doesn't it to see your kids in pain.
Hi Jo: Totally understand arguing with Satnav woman! I have called her some terrible names this week

Kelsey said...

I hope Jack is feeling better now. I had the same thing happen to me in the shower last week, I had NO IDEA what to do with the stuff in my hand and it freaked me out!

Pam said...

Kelsey: I read one of your last posts and saw that you did that. I was so happy that someone else had had that experience!
Jack's better & life is good. Hope you guys are okay too.

Oma Froehle said...

Pam, you are right! These children are definitely of the same parents. No DNA testing required.

I don't have a SATNAV lady. I am driving myself crazy just talking to myself in the car, so I would appreciate the SATNAV lady so I didn't look so stupid.