Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday Mutterings

I'm taking a break from housework while Danny sleeps to get on here and post a blog. I hate housework with a passion, especially hoovering. Having 2 cats and a dog, hoovering up pet hair is paramount to painting the Golden Gate Bridge - as soon as you finish you have to start the whole laborious chore again. I love my pets but wouldn't have any more, though I suspect the kids will try and wear me down on a dog later on. Now I completely understand why parents say "no" to pets - they aren't being mean they just know they will be the ones stuck with picking up poo, clipping nails and hoovering up hair. Now I think about it, clipping cats nails is right up there with hoovering on the crap job scale.

I have to share my new passion with you all. Couponing! Sorry to say it, but I have joined the ranks of women with bulging coupon books that you get stuck behind in supermarket queues. Yesterday I got $112 of food shopping for $45 and I feel so smug I just had to come on here and tell you about it. I'm new to the game but thankfully there's women who are so smart at it they get everything virtually free and they have websites. There is something so refreshing about getting things at half price or free but I never thought I'd be getting excited about coupons. It makes me feel old.

My gripe of the week is going to be angry women drivers. A few days ago I went to an affluent part of town where people generally drive about in Hummers or beemers or Audis. I was just overwhelmed by how rude and aggressive the women drivers were. Nobody would let me out of junctions and they were cutting me up and driving right up behind me. Has anyone else noticed this trend - that young women are extremely aggressive and rude drivers? And are posh drivers worse because it seemed like this part of town was worse than any other. Maybe having tons of money makes you so arrogant you drive that way.

Okay, my gripe is over. Anne asked me how Danny was doing so I'm going to post a couple of kid pictures. Both are doing great and enjoying that we can finally get outside now that the weather has picked up. I feel like I've been in hibernation for 6 months!


My little American Jack

Danny Boy

4 comments:

mountainear said...

Could do with some coupons like that - makes 30p off something look pretty feeble.

Your boys look great!

Pam said...

ZXHey Mountainear. I nearly bought my mum a coupon book today then realised it's not something w do in England. I've been away so long now I forget things. Thanks for the nice words about my lads. I'm very lucky.

Kelsey said...

Ugh, the driving! I have noticed some of those things - the bigger/fancier the car, the more entitled the driver feels apparently.

We live on a street that is a 25 mph and I ALWAYS have people driving up my butt - so annoying.

I drive a pretty small car and find myself just praying I don't get hit half the time, especially in parking lots - no one can see me!

Pam said...

hey Kelsey: I drive a small car too. I have a Buckeye antenna bobble. It gets me noticed and helps me find the car when I come out of the store, otherwise I'd be walking round for days ...