Saturday, April 17, 2010

Dreaming of OBX

This is our beach house in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. It's on the beach facing west so I'll be able to sit on the balcony at the end of each day and watch the sun set. My kids will fish and swim and go crabbing. My husband can kayak. My mum and dad in law will love it. Jack keeps asking if we can go now. Why do we have to wait? Why can't we go now? What's taking nan and grandad so long to get here? Craig, in desperation, told him yesterday about the volcano (in reality they aren't coming until summer) and so this morning Jack said with authority that nan and grandad wouldn't be here because the Olcano in the air filled their plane with balls.

I can't blame Jack for being impatient because I feel the same way. It's the first time in years that I've got that longing for my holidays to come. I want to buy sunscreen and start dieting and start planning the packing. I have this picture as my computer wallpaper and tomorrow I'm going to put my leave form in. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

By the way, now that I'm going to the Outer Banks I finally realised what the OBX bumper stickers are that I see sometimes. I thought it was some kind of secret fraternity.

No comments: