Thursday, April 01, 2010

Reasons to be Cheerful

Blimey, look at this weather forecast! I can hardly contain myself from firing up the lawn mower and mulching beds and planting annuals. Wooooa down there speedy I hear you say! Every year you get caught out by Mother Nature who creeps up at the end of April with minus 5 degrees and a hard frost that kills all your new plants. stone. bloody. expensively. dead.

Still, it's hard not to feel summery when you see a forecast like that. It's going to be a weekend of grilling out and Easter egg hunts, and shaving & then baring my white chicken-skin legs. Must shave my toes too now that I think about it. It's far too soon to be thinking about shorts, but a pair of capris might be in order.

Salad too. Lots of salad and fruit and ice cream. No more winter fat and pies and pints of beer. Time to buy colorful flip-flops and take the cellophane off the windows (yes, we are the povvy family that do that). Time to open those windows and see the sheers blowing.

Time to sit out on the patio at night to eat and drink, without being eaten alive by evil mosquitoes that leave you looking like John Merrick.

I LOVE this time of year. Is it weekend yet?

No comments: