Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Buckeyes Lost

The Buckeyes lost to Louisiana State University 38-24 in the BCS National Championship game on Monday. The heartbreak is slightly less than last year and I'm not sure if that's because I was more ready for it, or if they didn't get quite as spanked this time around.

I'm not going to analyse and dissect the game as everyone has been doing these last 2 days. As upset and baffled and disappointed as I am (I'd be lying if I said otherwise) my main hurt is for our seniors.

I watched the local news as they landed back at Columbus airport. Only about 30 people were there to greet them, to cheer for them and welcome them home. It was heartbreaking to watch. I suppose we could have gone over there and cheered for them too, but I never think of it until I see it on the news.

No comments: