Friday, January 04, 2008

A Fool & Her Money are Easily Parted

During our England trip I saw this Boon Frog Pod on my friend Sue's bathroom wall and just HAD to have one. I thought "no one in America will have one!" I had visions of mummy friends coming over to the house and "ooo-ing and "ahhh-ing" at it's fabulousness and uniqueness.

Sue drove me to Argos, finding out they only had one left in the whole store! It was fate! It cost 25 pounds ($50) but I really wanted it. I was even quite forthright with Craig when he rolled his eyes at the price.

I was determined to bring it home & even forfeited some presents so that it would fit in my case. Since I got home I've held it up in the bathroom and even planned our whole bathroom renovation around it.

I just got back from Target. They have them. For $25.

Craig looked me, grinning.

1 comment:

Fredsueand me said...

best laid plans eh. oh well you will always look at your big green frog with fond memories, even when jack has gone to collage, it woulnt be the same if you had paid $25 at target.