Sunday, January 20, 2008

Warranted or Wet Lettuce?

At my conference this week there were 2 incidences where I was uncomfortable.

The first was on the trade show floor when I went to a booth to talk to the guys there and two hired-in "hotties" were there (blonde attractive women wearing short-shorts and boob-tubes). The second was at a hospitality party and same thing, only this time they were "Hooters" girls (English friends - you'll have to Google that one).

There's only a handful of women in my industry and I felt it was a bit disrespectful to have these hired-in hotties at a conference when we are trying to be respected & treated as an equal by our male peers.

I'm a liberal person, very open minded. But this bothered me.

So the question is, am I justified for feeling like this or am I being a big wet lettuce?

2 comments:

craiguk said...

Wet Lettuce

Pam said...

Craig Honey, If I thought for one moment you were serious you'd be in serious trouble!