Sunday, January 06, 2008

A Weekend for Jack & Baby (AJ?)

My Great Nephew was born last night at 9.15pm GMT in Manchester, England. He weighed 6 lbs, 2 oz, he has an elf-like face and gorgeous big blue eyes. His mum, my niece Gemma, is doing great. She was a trooper and had no epidural, even talked to me on the phone between 3 minute contractions! Ahhhhh, to be young and fearless.

Gemma and Anthony and baby. Gemma likes the name Anthony John (AJ) after his dad. Anthony doesn't like it, so baby is currently nameless. Craig said their faces in this picture say "Okay, what do we do now?" I know that's what we felt like and were quite astounded that they let us leave the hospital with a newborn when we had no idea what we were doing. Anyway, I'm so pleased he's here and Gemma's okay.

-----------------------------------


Our weekend was dedicated to having fun with Jack, who's been ill now for 2 weeks. Today he seemed better so we took him to the zoo. It was GREAT - really quiet so we could just mooch around and really see the animals without thousands of people all trying to do the same. The lady in the gorilla house also spent about 30 minutes telling us all about them and their personalities. I learnt many things, including never to have my eyes higher than theirs, apparently that really bothers them. We squat down in front of an old fella who was nearly 50 and watched him scratch his chin for a while and look at us with interest. They have the most amazing eyes!


Jack and the leopard. If you right-click on this picture you'll see I labelled it "jaguar". I was having a blonde moment obviously.


Seahorses just amaze me. How can a fish look so much like a horse?


On the beloved ride - the old carousel. Look at his face! He LOVES this every time we take him on it. I can't wait to get him pony lessons. I wonder how old you have to be?
Yesterday (sorry, pix aren't in chronological order) we took him to COSI - a science place with lots of fun stuff and a kiddie play room. I love this picture. Both Jack and his dad have the most gorgeous blue eyes. Mine are green so Jack takes after his dad in that respect. He does have my blonde hair though and Lancashire rosy cheeks!




---------------------------

Tomorrow night is the BIG night.

Ohio State play LSU for the NCAA National Title. Jan, Eric and Dave are coming over to watch it on our big telly in the basement. I'm dead nervous. I think it's all up to Boeckman. Craig thinks it'll be down to the defense.

Matt & Gina have been in New Orleans since last Thursday and have been texting me with all the funny stuff going on down there. They said Bourbon Street is teaming with Buckeye fans, all having a blast. Ohhh, I hope those fans are celebrating tomorrow.

If we win, I'll post on Tuesday. If we lose I'll post when I can bear to talk about it.

GO BUCKS!

-----------------------------

Lastly & quickly - this was blog post number 301! I meant to say that at post 300 but forgot - did I mention I was blonde?

No comments: