Wednesday, January 09, 2008

My Tips for Travelling with Toddlers

Having recently gone through a 50-hour return trip from hell with our toddler, I wanted to share my tips for how I could have made flying much better. Hopefully this will help at least one parent out there...


1. If the child is under 2, pay the extra cash and buy a seat. When they say that a "lap" child costs only 10% of the regular ticket price, they don't tell you about airport and landing taxes. It ended up costing us $266 for Jack to sit on our knees for 8 hours crying, squirming, and being pushed by the inconsiderate jerk in front that put his seat back.

2. Even though it would be a pain in the rear to lug about - take a stroller. Really - that is one of our number 1 regrets. During all those delays, and even waiting at the gate for an hour to board, it would have provided a place for Jack to sit &/or sleep. I could have settled him in the stroller with a blanket, instead of carrying him in my arms, crying his heart out with tiredness. It's really that important folks - take the stroller!

3. Pack LOADS of toys that you know will occupy for a while. I eventually resorted to my mobile phone that he loves - see picture above of Jack's exhausted little face, after 17 hours of travel.

4. Pack loads of snacks in the hope that they will entertain when the toys get boring

5. Have toddler reins handy (again, see picture). Our friends lent us a pair for the way home and they were a life-saver. Having Jack on a 3 foot leash meant we could stand in line for hours and walk about the airport without constantly running after him, like we did on the outward journey.

6. Don't carry big bulky coats as carry-ons. Having to deal with 2 bags, Jack, and two heavy coats was a nuisance. I nearly put my coat in the trash at one point! Realistically, you're always in heated areas, so why carry a coat?

7. ASK for stuff if the flight is delayed or cancelled - they do not generally offer these things but will give them to you if you ask. For example, when we asked for meal vouchers they first said "no", then I exploded explained the situation and they relented. When we got to the hotel and went to the restaurant for dinner, all the other customers had them too! Anyway, as far as the free stuff they gave us - we got a hotel room, meal vouchers, diapers (yes, baggage claim give you diapers) and a personal care package each that included toothbrush & paste, deodorant, comb, shampoo & conditioner, lotion and cologne. The care package was lovely and I nearly cried with gratefulness when the lady gave them to us - not having brushed my teeth for so long I felt like a yeti.


8. Lastly, DO NOT use the care package cologne. I thought it was perfume so splashed it all over myself. Craig thought it might make his 3-day old socks smell better. The result? We spent our final leg of the journey smelling like a couple of dirty old hookers.



1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow, Pam. I will definitely take some of those tips to heart, but reading that post also just makes me feel REALLY sorry for your whole experience. I just CANNOT imagine how painful the whole thing must have been, and I think I would have lost my mind. But this is a really good post, and I will be referring to it when we are flying for the first time (that I know of) this November.