Wednesday, June 25, 2008

MUST nibble

At my last Weight-Watchers meeting I got my 40lbs, which is just a tad less than 3 stone. I'm very happy but a bit sad too as we don't have enough people to carry our group on over the summer. This means I've got to discipline myself not to eat crap, all the time knowing I don't have to weigh in each week. I've already put a lb on this week, although that's not entirely my fault......

You see, it started several months ago when my mum sent a huge box of English sweets and chocolate. I put them in the fridge and rationed them out to Jack. A month later, another big box arrived. Then another. I have been really good and not eaten any but finally buckled and had to get them out of the fridge so I scooped it all up and took it to work for my colleagues. How good I was!

Craig's mum and dad got here a couple of weeks ago and brought more sweets/chocolate. Then yesterday a box arrived for Jack, with more. So my fridge is full again.

Now there's only so much temptation a person can take. I can look solid chocolate bars in the eye and not flinch, but if I see certain sweety things in there then my resolve is as solid as jelly on a plate.

What certain sweety things do I mean? Well here are my top 5:

1. Licorice
2. Aniseed balls
3. Curly Wurlys
4. Fudge bars
5. Pickled Onion flavoured Monster Munch

If I could only take 5 things to a desert island, I might ditch the curly wurlys for a toothbrush.

What would your 5 "must nibble" include?

3 comments:

Emily said...

Pam, I've never heard of anything on your list except for licorice, and I can't believe that one of your favorite things has the word "pickled onion" in the title?!?!
Mine would be:
1) fresh chocolate chip cookies
2) oreos
3)snickers
4) M&Ms (are we seeing a theme here?)

and just so there's one thing on my list that's not chocolate:
5) BBQ baked lays (WW friendly, except I eat the whole bag)

Jen said...

I haven't heard of anything on your list except the licorice either. I'm curious about the pickled onion thing too.

My list would include:
1. tortilla chips with lime
2. string cheese (only certain kinds though because some have a mushy texture)
3. Dove dark chocolate with almonds (it's good for my heart, right!?)
4. Butterfingers
5. Reese's peanut butter cups

I'm not sure this list is completely accurate since we don't normally have sweets in the house, but these are all things I like to eat when given the chance. At least our families live close enough that they don't send us sweets...good luck with that!

Pam said...

Emily,
Mmm, I do see a trend - chocoholic maybe??? I must get you some pickled onion monster munch. I promise you'll love them!

Jen, No "trend" for you - a mixed bag of sweeties! Peanut butter is vile though - definitely not my cup of tea (you probably said the same about pickled onions. ha ha ha)