Sunday, September 20, 2009

Southern Tennessee

Like most holidays we take lately, we did a 4-day speed visit where we packed in so much driving and sightseeing that I need a holiday to get over it. We had a fabulous time though. Here's a few pictures of our trip to Southern Tennessee ...


Our cabin in Townsend. We were about 30 minutes away from Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, right at the base of The Great Smoky Mountain National Park. OHHHHH I wish I could have spent several more days there.

Craig & Danny enjoying the view from the wrap-around balcony


Did I mention how much I loved this cabin? The only scary part was driving up the steep dirt path to get to it, especially at night in the pitch black

This thing was so big it had visible knee-caps. I'm not kidding. Other local widlife we saw included bear, skunk, and wild turkeys.

Gatlinburg, all dressed up for Halloween


The water ride at Dollywood

" Can we have one mummy pleeeese?" Yes, love, that's all we need. Another animal ruining my house and making poo for me to pick up. And it squeals. It is made of bacon though.

What we might have looked like in the 1860's as our husbands went off to fight in the Civil War. Probably wouldn't be smiling so much though. The lady who dressed us was most put-out that we wanted to dress as Yankees and not southern rebels, but I have to show my loyalty to Ohio.

Lastly, on a trip to Cades Cove in the Smokies, look what we saw. If he had dropped out of the tree I would have squealed like that pig! I'm not sure what he was doing - looking for acorns maybe?


5 comments:

Kelsey said...

Woah - very cool that you had a bear sighting, and I LOVED hearing your voice! :-)

It looks like a wonderful trip.

Expat mum said...

Visible knee caps! Love it!

Mimi said...

We were in Gatlinburg in June with the whole family (17 of us in a cabin) and got to see a young bear at New Found Gap. The views in that area are fantastic. Glad you had a good time. Love the Civil War portrait.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Hi Pam - great pictures - look like you had a wonderful time. A x

Jen said...

So glad you had a good trip. As you can tell from Mom's comment, we love going to Tennessee. Gotta love the mountains!