Friday, November 23, 2007

Roses are nice.....

Let me start this blog by apologising to UK friends and family but this is going to be mostly about American college football. Sorry. I can't help it. I love this sport with a passion.

By the way, I also love England football and am gutted at the result Wednesday. Good riddence to McLaren. I can't believe the FA appointed him in the first place- how was he supposed to be innovative and different when he was Eriksson's lacky for years? I know nothing about the fine art of football but when I read on Tuesday that he was going to replace Robinson in goal for a rookie, have Crouch up front on his own AND drop Beckham even I thought he'd lost the plot. It's a big shame we won't be in Euro 2008. My only consolation is that Scotland and Ireland aren't in either because having to listen to them twittle on next summer would be too much to bear.


Now onto the Buckeyes - I was happy they beat Michigan & got to go to the the Rose Bowl. For a "building year" they did great - ranked number 1, beat Michigan, what more could a Buckeye want? Well, a chance at the BCS national title actually.

So LSU just lost in the 3rd overtime and my nails are bitten back to my knuckles. If WVU lose tomorrow the Bucks might be back in the race. Oh, the suspense! I would love for the Buckeyes to get to the BCS and just do great. Just win it hands-down. After our heartbreak last January we want this so badly!

Matt sent me this picture last night. It was taken during the 4th quarter of the OSU:Michigan game. Michigan have just taken the snap and the ball is being handed to Hart. Look at our defense! They are ALL completely through Michigan's offensive line. Great picture.

1 comment:

Gina B said...

now we just need Missouri to lose to Oklahoma, as WVU should beat PITT.. can you imagine?