Monday, November 12, 2007

Three Posts Today!

Veterans Day was observed today in the US. When Jack's a bit older I'd like to take him to a parade or something but for today we just took the time to have a family day.

Indoor Play Areas?
I should have spent this weekend working and doing physics homework but I wasn't very successful. Mostly because I want to spend time with Craig and Jack but also because every time I try and do computer work, Jack comes along and pulls wires, opens drawers or tries to climb on my knee. Craig tells me to shut my office door but I just can't. So, it means I have to work doubly hard all week now but it was worth it today to spend a lot of time playing with Jack.

When he got bored, we took him to a local mall that has an indoor playing area and he played solidly for an hour. There were several other parents there like us - glad to be out of the house. If any local friends have suggestions for indoor play areas please tell me, as the winter is LONG!

------------------------------

Car Update Part 2
We checked out a couple of car dealers this afty. Looks like the only turbo diesel right now is the VW Jetta and there's a waiting list. Humf. We are right on the edge of turbo diesel mania in the USA - I just know it! Even if diesel is 50 cents/gallon more than gas, they typically get 40-45 mpg and they last forever. I'll keep looking.

I looked at a Toyota Yaris today too but it was too small and weird. The odometer is in the middle, on top of the dash - which would annoy me. Not seen a VW Rabbit yet. Chevy Aveo too small. Ford Focus too boring. Better stop before I offend someone who has one of these cars. Suffice it to say I haven't found my ideal car yet.

4 comments:

Oma Froehle said...

Pam: Where is the picture of the ice scraper? I came looking for it! I think it is a great compliment that Craig got you the "super scraper." Greg offered me the new scraper in exchange for my old, smaller one. I think it was meant as a sacrifice. Oma

VvB said...

Pam -
COSI has an excellent indoor play area for kids Jack's age. I strongly recommend a COSI membership and many a afternoon building blocks, rolling balls, and splashing in the water! Unfortunately there aren't many other options, except for Tuttle Mall.
Victor

Gina B said...

look up a place called MY Gym.. it is where i went with Luci, and a couple of girlfriends of mine go.. not sure where they are though...

ttfn

gina

Fredsueand me said...

Buy the focus, didn't know your after a diesel, has the same engine as my mondeo, very good car, still makes me smile when i drive it, very fast for a diesel and will last a long time, hasn't got a cam belt either so will cost less in long run, just buy the posh model like i did and you wont know your in a boring car. all that said though what the hell do i know about the US car market for all i know the Yankee focus looks like a 2cv, you could always just buy a hummer and go drive over al gores flower beds.