Monday, November 26, 2007

Warm Bum, Warm Heart

I've taken too much on at work, fallen behind on a couple of deadlines and I have several speaking engagements looming. I'm also taking night classes right now towards my PhD. It must have caught up with me today because I actually had a few minor panic-attacks which I haven't had in years. Nothing to get worried about but just a few times today I had to sit and breathe to calm myself down.

I trundled off to night class straight after work, thankful there's only a couple left. At half-time I called Craig and we discussed the day and what we'd have for dinner then I slouched back into the classroom to hear about "flux densities of water in relation to the pressure head gradient". Woo hoo. By the time the class ended I was just washed out.

I left class and walked across to my car in the pitch black and ice cold rain, making a mental list of work stuff that I could get done tonight when I got home. By the time I got to my car I was freezing (damn it got cold quick) and feeling sorry for myself.

While I was on the way home I called Craig again. He said "you just missed the cutest thing. When Jack heard the phone ring he stood up excited, ran to the phone and shouted Mama!"

That just warmed my heart so much, and then I realised that my heated seat had kicked in too, and my bum was toasty! Within a minute I was de-stressed and happy again. All it took was a Jack story from Craig and a heated seat.

No comments: