Sunday, April 20, 2008

Our Little Urchin

We watched 2 new films this weekend. "There will be blood" and "Juno". I was so disappointed in the first. It was great till about 3/4 way through and then it bombed. Like "No country for old men" I was left feeling a tad perplexed as to why it got so many Oscar nods. Juno however was excellent - we both liked it a lot. That means it's not a chick-flick by the way, otherwise it wouldn't get Craig's vote of approval. I also tried to rent "This is England" but Blockbusters don't and aren't going to carry it. Bummer.

Great news in boxing as Joe Calzaghe won last night. We watched it on HBO for free (for a change). I love seeing the ringside celebs - even Simon Cowell was there, sporting his man-boobs. Sylvester Stallone was there too and the audience were chanting "Rocky" which was funny. Maybe that's what I'll do for my 40th next year - try and get to a decent boxing match.


Jack needs a haircut (see exhibit A above). I thought I might let it get long and curly and cute but he looks like he's been dragged through a hedge backwards, like no one looks after him. The word "urchin" springs to mind when you look at him. I don't want a crew cut so not sure what I'll do. I know what we aren't doing and that's getting Craig's clippers out. He cut a friends child's hair with them several years ago and the child was so traumatised he would scream whenever he saw us.

Jack's had a fab day today. We took him swimming again this morning, which was much more successful than last week, and he's spent a bit chunk of time in the garden, painting pictures and digging in the soil and filling his little pockets with rocks. We also got him a new bubble machine, which invariably leads to lots of fun and a chance for me to get some video of him.


No comments: