Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Updates & Please Vote

Book Update:
I want a daughter. Not that I'm fickle in any way but I just read "Since I don't have you" by Louise Candlish and it's made me feel very broody for a little girl. I know that mother nature doesn't take orders and I'm not saying I wouldn't be 100% happy with another boy because I would. It's just a yearning I have right now & I'm sure it will all pass. Something else this book did for me is to make me cherish every single second I have with Jack.

My current read is "Catherine, called Birdy" - a very funny book by Karen Cushman. The heroine of the book is a 13 year old girl living in Medieval England and she's got a sharp wit. Very enjoyable indeed, but also very thin, so I will be book-less by weekend.


Jack Update:
He's doing okay but today all the symptoms showed themselves - sneezing, coughing runny nose, so I didn't take him to child care. He would probably have been fine but it's not fine to let him sneeze and cough over all the other kids. Anyway, he and I had a great day together. He's really fun to be around but now I'm exhausted. Even though he's ill he's full-on 120% from the second he wakes up till bedtime. Phewwwwwy.
I did learn two new things today about myself. If I was a stay-at-home mum I'd spend nap time grazing from the fridge and surfing EBay. Not good.









One last thing:
Emily's friend Jen is a finalist for her recycled bag design for Kroger's supermarket (see below). If she wins she gets a gift voucher and the honor of her design on the re-usable bags. Please vote for her!


1 comment:

Jen said...

Thanks for the plug for my bag design! Glad to hear Jack's on the mend.