Monday, August 18, 2008

The Delightful Dozen

Craig and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary this past weekend. That's a dozen years. The "silk" celebration apparently. I was a tad disappointed when I read that. Silk? I'd have much preferred something shiny or enduring or even remotely sexy. Silk conjures up old ladies big knickers.

Anyway, we had a lovely night. We loaded up the car with the toddler, food and drink (alcoholic for him, fizzy and tame for me) and we went to a drive-in movie. It really doesn't get more Americana than that does it? This is really cheesy but every time I go to the drive-in I feel like I'm an extra in Grease! Is that just me?

We really wanted to see the Batman film but it had finished its run. So we watched Pineapple Express, which was stupid but most entertaining. If you look at the truck back left of Craig you'll see what a lot of poeple did - they take pillows and airbeds and lie in back of their truck beds. The three of us squeezing into the back of my VW Golf wouldn't have been quite as comfy I fear. I also seriously doubt that I could have got back out afterwards.

My other date for the evening. He was such a little trooper and didn't make a fuss when he got tired. He finally conked out just at the end of the film, with a face covered in licorice and a belly full of popcorn.

4 comments:

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Happy 12th Anniversary Pam and Craig - sounds like a lovely evening to me. I'd love to go to a drive-in movie, and yes Pam I think I would feel like an extra in 'Grease' as well. Well done to Jack for joining in the celebrations in such good spirits. A x

Jen said...

What a fun way to spend your anniversary! Our 10th is coming up in Sept. and we're debating how to celebrate.

Swearing Mother said...

Sounds like a great night out to me Pam, I'd love to go to a drive-in.

Happy Anniversary!

Oma Froehle said...

Pam, popcorn and a movie with your favorite people sounds like a WONDERFUL celebration. It was a beautiful weekend to watch a movie under the stars. Did you hear any crickets? They always add to the charm.

Silk, huh? Who thunk that one up? I'd tell Craig that any piece of jewelry he wanted to put in a silk-lined box would be nice. :-)