Saturday, August 09, 2008

Great Book Contest!

One of my favorite blogs is Wife in the North, which follows the life of a city woman dragged kicking and screaming to live in the countryside with her husband and 3 small children. It's hilarious, heartfelt and just plain great.

She also recently published a book, based on her life story so far. My friend Sue sent it to me this week and I've finished it.

Here's the deal - I would like to do a little contest & pass the book along to a winner/fellow blogger so that they can absolutely enjoy it as much as I did.

To enter the contest, all you have to do is leave a comment on this post, answering the question: If you wrote a book, what would be the title?

If you've never left a comment here before, it's easy! Click the little link at the bottom of the post that says, "comments". You can select the anonymous option if you don't have a Google account, but sign your first name so I know who you are. Leave your comment by noon on Friday, 15th August.

I'll use a random number generator to pick the winner and mail/post out the book. You won't have to post your personal details on here to get the book, so don't worry about that.

It would be great if the winner read it and then passed it along to another blogger. It would be like "Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants", only with a book.

Good luck!

9 comments:

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Hi Pam - what a great idea. If I wrote a book about my life I think the title would have to be -
'I can't believe that happened'.
Hope you get lots of entries. A x

wife in the north said...

how about you keep your copy but tell me who wins and i will send them a signed copy. email me through my site. OK?

Thursday said...

I think that if I wrote a book about my life, I would have to call it "Because of Family" — I have all these great stories about my family and things I've done with them, and I think those stories would make up the lion's share of any autobiography I wrote.

Jen said...

Right now my story would be called, "Life with 3 Kids - What did I get myself into?" Sounds interesting, huh?!

Hope you're feeling well!

windycindy said...

"My Life as I Know It!" That would be the title if I were to write a book at this moment in time. Please enter me in your delightful drawing. Many thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Mimi said...

I love your blog and the way you look at life--have even branched off to read some of "wife in the north" and "mountainear"--both ery good writers. Before your contest, I had put this book on my "wish list" so I figured why not try to win a copy--an autographed copy. I love reading; I love books--what can I say? If I wrote one it would be about my grandchildren and I'd call it "Mimi Is My Friend".
Linda (Jen's Mom)

Swearing Mother said...

I totally agree with you re Wife in the North, a book I've enjoyed so much that I may well read it again.

If I ever wrote a book it would probably be called "Bloody Hell, I've Written a Book!" or something like that.....

Pam said...

Thanks to everyone who has entered so far and a BIG thank you to Wifey!!! What a really nice thing to suggest.
I'll draw on Friday

Rebekah (monkeygirlsmama) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.