Thursday, August 07, 2008

Out of Control Scoffing

I can't stop eating. I'm like a human panda, eating the equivalent of my own body weight every day.
Tonight for example, after my dinner, I ate my way through 3 fudge bars, a strawberry milkshake and half a pound of bing cherries. You would think that I feel sick but I'm actually wondering if my gurgling belly might feel better if I had something to eat. The poor baby, trapped in there with more sugar than Nestles, must be doing back flips.
My friend Jan thinks that I'm eating like this because my body is craving all of the sugar it usually gets from copious amounts of wine. I think it's just because I'm pregnant. Craig doesn't offer an opinion, just buys me more chocolate and smiles sweetly (clever man).
I'm more or less in my second trimester now, let's hope I can stop before paramedics have to remove the side of the house & take me out of my bedroom on a wooden pallet.

4 comments:

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Hi Pam - was amused to see you are needing/craving chocolate (as well as other sweet stuff) at the moment. Could you be having a girl? When I was expecting my son I needed to eat all savoury, especially bacon and tomatoes and loved the smell of coal but when my girl was on the way all I wanted was chocolate! A x

Lakeland Jo said...

I eat like this and no sign of baby. Oh dear. I need to find a plausible excuse. Can I blame the lack of sunshine in this lovely (not) English summer?

Gill - That British Woman said...

I will warn you my baby will be 23 year this year, and I am still trying to lose that 60 lbs+ I am sure I gained with her!!!!

Gill from Canada

Pam said...

SJA: Coal! My sister was obsessed with laundry detergent. Isn't it odd what mother nature does to us?

Lakeland: Hello! I'll check out your blog. Thanks for visiting.

Gill: Sounds like it's a "girl" thing. Oooo, I would love to have a daughter....