Thursday, August 28, 2008

Jack the Lad : Update

What a tremendous capacity to learn these toddlers have! Every day he knows new words and music and moves. Here's some little snippets about our lad this month:

His favourite song right now is "You are my sunshine" and I sing it to him every morning on the way to day care.

He loves ice pops and cheese and walking Cody. He asks for these three things the second we get home every night. No exceptions.

He is really getting the hang of potty training and once he's "gone" in there will dance like a maniac around the room singing "I poo-pood in the potty - yeah!" Rightly or wrongly we allow him to flush it down the loo and wave it bye-bye. I have a feeling this might come back to haunt us later.

He says hello to everyone, everywhere we go. He's such a personable child

He can do forward rolls and handstands. He rolls over, stands up, looks at us with great delight and exclaims "roly poly!"

This week alone he has fallen over running 4 times and fell off a swing twice. Tonight he fell head-first (he was hanging upside down at the time), got a face full of mulch, cried for 10 seconds and then immediately did the same thing again. AND, rather than climb out of bed normally he insists on climbing over the end rails and he has started jumping on the beds. If I wasn't pregnant I'd be chugging back a glass of wine right now to calm my nerves.

Lastly, as you can see, we still haven't got his hair cut. Emily gave me a coupon for Cookie Cutters and we will do it. But it's just so cute at the minute that we can't take the plunge.

3 comments:

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Hi Pam - Can just imagine the antics and can almost hear the song! I have to admit that I don't remember too much now about my children's very young days but I am certainly enjoying seeing and hearing about my grandchildren. Always a joy.

A x

Millennium Housewife said...

Ah keep his hair long it looks cute! I've told Husband that you can't cut boy's hair until they're three. He fell for it. MH

Pam said...

Anne - That's the amazing thing about blogs - I've written about Jack since he was conceived!!

M. Housewife - What a great idea!!! I'll use it.